Join the NOAO Today!
Become a member of the New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology today and receive free admission to our Annual Symposium and Quarterly Dinners!
The New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology is the region’s premier continuing education organization for ophthalmologists. Our Annual Symposium, which has provided instructional courses and seminars for the past 69 years, was born out of a need for additional continuing medical education for the practicing physicians and residents in New Orleans. We offer multiple classes for those interested in becoming a member:
- Active members are ophthalmologists who reside in the New Orleans metropolitan area. Active members have voting privileges.
- Associate members are non-metro area ophthalmologists, who do not receive voting privileges.
- Educational memberships are for residents and fellows, who are given a complimentary membership during their time of residency/fellowship in New Orleans.
In order to become a member:
- Submit the online application, or download it from the website here.
- Fax, email, or mail it to us along with a check or credit card information for your $50 initiation fee, and a copy of your valid medical license.
- If you reside in the New Orleans Metropolitan area, your application must be accompanied by two letters of recommendation from local member ophthalmologists.
- Once your membership is approved, you will be invoiced for your dues.
- Depending on the time of year, dues are either $425, $475 or $525. Our fiscal year starts in July, which is when you can expect to receive your statement each year.